Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back From Boston

 Today it is back to work after vacation...boo.  Patrick and I went to Boston with one of my best college girlfriends and her husband and we had a great time.  Boston is such a pretty city, I felt like I was on a movie set the entire time.  We packed a lot into three days...
Oh yes, you are seeing correctly, that is a poncho I am sporting.  I would have paid double the asking price of that glorified trash bag it came in so handy, how did I not pack a rain jacket?  

I had to include this picture because behind us is the balcony where the Declaration of Independence was read for the first time.  That gives me chills.  Anyone who loves history must have Boston on their "to see" list.  So much packed into such a small area, it is hard to wrap your head around it.
When I go on vacation I am completely okay with playing the part of target tourist- map in hand/camera hanging around my neck.  I am thankful I married someone who doesn't mind being dragged into some cheesy pictures.  (Off the subject...how big was the crush I had on Woody back in day?)
I know you don't come to H&H to see blown up pictures of the Cheers cast.  Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures most readers would prefer to see- the shops of Newbury Street, the Brownstones, the quaint restaurants.  We saw all of that, I just wasn't snapping away at the moment.  But I do have one picture that might interest you.  I did find a little time in the midst of all the touring and eating to meet up with two of my favorite bloggers, Stephanie for SabbeSpot and Lindsay of EverythingLEB.  The last time I got to see these ladies was in NYC so we had lots to catch up on.  It was nice.  So nice.  And I got to meet Remi, can you spot him?
Even though Boston was truely amazing and I would 100% recommend a visit to anyone, it was the first time we had left Henry and we thought about him the entire time.  I knew when I saw this little patriot hat it was something my little man would need for future days.  You are going to have to take my word it looks cute on because getting him to sit still long enough to capture on film proved to be fruitless.  Here is the best I could do, half way off...
I can't wait to go back with him on day.